- Fits and assembles structural frameworks and housings from substances, inclusive of perspective iron, I-beams, and plate steel, the usage of hand tools and welding device and following blueprint specifications: Examines blueprints and substance listing to achieve elements specifications.
- Lays out element’s dimensions at the worktable, the usage of the square, chalk line, and soapstone.
- Tack-welds scrap steel to define to offer jig for assembly.
- Position elements in jig and files, chisels, and grinds elements, as indicated, to fit them collectively.
- May heat elements with an acetylene torch and bend them in a vise, on an anvil, or round stakes hooked up in a table.
- Tack-welds geared up elements collectively or directs FITTER HELPER to tack-weld elements.
- May heat elements with an acetylene torch and dip elements in cyanide bath to harden.
- May anneal elements with an acetylene torch to do away with stresses of welding.
- May fasten elements collectively with an acetylene torch and brazing rod.